1. Practice Good Oral Hygiene: A healthy mouth is a fresh mouth. Be sure to brush your teeth at least twice a day, floss once a day, and use a mouthwash to kill bacteria that toothbrush and floss may not reach. To get the full benefits of mouthwash, use at a different time to brushing your teeth, for example after lunch. This is not only help freshen your breath but also neutralise dietary acids which are harmful to your teeth.
2. Drink More Water: Drinking plenty of water can help keep your mouth moist and flush out food particles, which in turn can help wash away odour-causing bacteria.
3. Avoid Foods That Can Cause Bad Breath: Some foods are known to cause bad breath, such as garlic, onions, and spicy foods. If you eat these types of foods, try to brush your teeth or rinse with mouthwash afterwards.
4. Chew Sugar Free Gum or Mints: Chewing gum or sucking on a sugar free mint can help stimulate saliva production and mask unpleasant odours and help neutralise acid.
5. Avoid Tobacco Products: Tobacco products not only cause bad breath but also stain teeth and increase the risk of gum disease and oral cancer.
6. See Your Dentist Regularly: Regular dental check-ups can help identify any oral health problems, such as tooth decay, that may be causing bad breath. Your dentist may also provide specific recommendations on how to improve your oral hygiene. You may also require hygienist visits to help clean your teeth, which your dentist can advise you on.
7. Consider Other Health Issues: Bad breath can be a symptom of other health problems, such as sinus infections or digestive issues. If you’ve tried these tips and still experience bad breath, see a doctor for a full check-up.
Remember, maintaining good oral hygiene is the key to combating bad breath. Be consistent in your routine and implement these tips into your daily life for fresher breath and improved oral health.
You can find answers to some common questions under our FAQs. If you’d like to get in touch with us, please fill in our enquiry form; alternatively, please feel free to email or call us and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.